Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Free JUST The Nipple?

I was playing around on my Facebook, and as you all know we see those random photos scroll across our news feed. I found this photo and it reminded me of the Free The Nipple campaign Morgan had mentioned the other week.  Not only are women concerned with breast censorship, but also stomach, leg, thigh, etc. ALL BODY PART censorship!  They feel that it dehumanizes them when their body parts are censored.  I would like to know how others feel about other body parts being censored opposed to just male and female breasts.

3 comments:

  1. I agree with this and I'm glad you brought it up Brittany! It's not just the female nipple that is constantly censored, but the whole female body. In my opinion this censorship of female bodies encourages the idea that the female body is nothing more than a sexual object and also contributes to females feeling shame in regards to their bodies. Instead of censoring female bodies, we should be attempting to eradicate the way our society over-sexualizes it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES, yes, yes. The issue of hypersexualization of the female body, especially in school dress codes (as alluded to in the print-out in the photo), is so prevalent these days in American culture. I have written at length about this issue on the blog earlier in the year, so I will withhold that rant. I am glad that you posted this picture, Brittany!

    ReplyDelete