Friday, April 24, 2015

Final thoughts

I want to start my post by saying thanks guys. The content of this class was not something I thought that I would enjoy. In the end, though, it was one of my favorites!

I would have to say that Trifles was, by far, my favorite piece that we have read. I have read the play in other classes and have acted out a modern interpretation in a theater class. Every time that I have looked at the story in the past it has just looked at the story as a whole. It really interested me that the women were, arguably, the smartest characters in the whole story. The men assume the women are focused on 'trifles.'

I also really like the bird symbols that we discussed in class. We talked about how the caged bird represented Mrs. Wright, who was held back by  her husband. The women even reflect that she was happier before she was married. An interesting idea that occurred to me about the bird is that, in its death, it was representative of Mrs. and Mr. Wright. Through death, the bird gained its freedom. Through Mr. Wright's death, Mrs. Wright gained her freedom.

I had a great semester with all of you and I want to wish you the best with the rest of your semesters!

1 comment:

  1. Caroline, Thanks for your contributions in making the class great. Good luck to all of you!

    ReplyDelete